The Bivings report studied magazine websites for their use of web 2.0 elements. Some key findings:
- The most common online feature offered by magazines is RSS feeds (48 per cent).
- Message boards/forums are offered by 46 per cent of magazine websites.
- 38 per cent of the magazines require registration to view all of the site’s content
- 38 per cent of the magazines offer at least one reporter blog.
- Video is an offering on 34 per cent of websites.
- Just 14 per cent of websites use podcasts and bookmarking.
- Eight percent allow comments on articles.
- Six per cent use tags.