MarketingSherpa shares a case study of JPG magazine, which leveraged a community of user-generated content to create digital and print editions. Here are the six strategies they used:
- Select topics with a passionate audience who can contribute lots of material.
- Grow the community with viral tools.
- Provide incentives and recognition to encourage activity.
- Retain editorial control over the print product.
- Keep publication process transparent.
- Offer free, digital version of the magazine to encourage subscriptions.